Dykstra: Hunt for Bargains
The name of the game is getting back more value than you give up. When I look to make a trade, I will accept nothing less. It a basic theory that may come as no surprise to seasoned market veterans, but is worth reiterating because a lot of newcomers can be intimidated and lose sight of the basics.
If I am spending real money, I want some sort of advantage that will increase my chances of winning. By buying deep-in-the-money calls, my advantage is that I am getting exposure to the world's best companies at a fraction of the cost of the common stock.
In baseball, finding value in trades and players is a difficult and extremely important task that requires a ton of homework and judgment. Meanwhile, the Phillies and Rays are locked in a holding pattern after rain stopped Game 5 of the World Series last night in the sixth inning with the score tied 2-2.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV