10 Do-It-Yourself Skills That Can Save a Bundle
Basic home maintenance: Knowing how to do basic home maintenance will ensure that you don't have to pay a handyman to come in and fix every problem that crops up and that you have less costs since basic home maintenance is taken care of before it becomes something bigger.
Simple things like knowing how to fix a leaky faucet, remove clogged drains and clean gutters means there is no need to pay $50-plus fees for someone to show up plus the cost of any work preformed.
Basic computer maintenance: Learning the basics of computer maintenance can save money in a variety of ways. Having your computer protection regularly updated reduces the chance of it catching a virus or having your personal or financial data stolen.
Keeping your computer free from ad-ware and other programs that can slow down your computer makes it run more efficiently so that you can get more done during the time that you are using it. Keeping your computer clean helps to ensure that you get the full life out of it and it doesn't break down sooner than it should. Knowing all of this also puts you in a much better position to trouble shoot if something unexpected happens with your computer which you can likely solve without a call to a computer support service costing a hundred dollars or more.Especially during these tougher economic times, it's handy to have these basic do-it-yourself skills so that you can keep those things around you running efficiently without having to shell out a lot of money to have others do it for you. You may be surprised to find that you are able to do a lot more on your own that you might have imagined and that by doing so, you will also help your bank account in the process.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV