10 Do-It-Yourself Skills That Can Save a Bundle
Housecleaning: The financial benefits of a clean and orderly house go beyond the $25 an hour or more you can expect to pay from a typical professional house cleaner. A clean and organized house also helps you save money by making it easier to find items instead of just replacing them.
Even big seasonal cleaning projects like carpets, drapes and windows can be done fairly easily on your own. The best part is that once you have the house clean and organized, it should only take a small amount of time to keep it that way each week.
Yard work: Whether you hire the kid down the street or a professional yard service, paying for even basic yard care can set you back a pretty penny. You do need to devote an hour or two to make sure that the basics get done, but you should save $100 or more per month over paying someone else to do the job.
Basic car maintenance: Not only will basic car maintenance ensure that you car has a longer life, it will also help save you money while operating it on a daily basis. Making sure the tires are properly inflated, that the oil is changed as recommended by the car manual and that filters are clean will mean that you spend less on gas while keeping your car in overall better shape. It can also mean you avoid an accident that can occur due to car maintenance neglect that is incalculable in the savings it provides.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV