10 Do-It-Yourself Skills That Can Save a Bundle
When it comes to getting your personal finances in order, look for services you pay others to do that you can do yourself.
People pay for these services for a number of reasons. Some think they lack the experience and skill to perform the task. But many times it's a matter of convenience. It's time to drop the excuses: The reality is that people can do many of their chores on their own.
If a lack of confidence is your problem, educate yourself for little or no money with do-it-yourself books and videos from the library, and visit free Web sites with DIY tips and tricks to get you going. The biggest obstacles will be changing your habits and setting aside a little extra time, but once you have accepted these cores into your routine, they shouldn't take a lot of extra effort, and you'll be richer for it.
Cooking: An investment in a good cookbook and some time to experiment in the kitchen will pay for itself many times over. Knowing how to cook food that you enjoy limits the likelihood that you'll spend money on eating out or buying expensive prepackaged meals. And cooking in bulk so that you can use the meals several times during the month is a great way to slash huge amounts off your food costs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV