The third-best-rated closed-end fund, Blackrock Dividend Achievers Trust (BDV), is trading at an even larger discount, of 14.1%. Chevron (CVX), Bank of America (BAC) and General Electric (GE) headline its portfolio, which averages a dividend yield of 4.54%.
At a 17.8% discount to net assets, the fourth-place Lazard Global Total Return and Income Fund (LGI) is 85% invested in stocks such as IBM (IBM), Microsoft (MSFT), Oracle (ORCL) and Exxon Mobil (XOM).
Finally, the Boulder Growth & Income Fund (BIF) also offers a modestly smaller 29.3% exposure to Berkshire Hathaway Class A shares at a similar discount to the above-mentioned Boulder fund of 11.3%. Wal-Mart and Anheuser-Busch are the next two largest holdings.
For more information, check out an explanation of our ratings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV