For more coverage from TheStreet.com Ratings team, check out TheStreet.com Ratings section.
Have you ever wanted to buy a round lot of Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) but your brokerage account fell slightly short of the required $11.75 million? Even 100 Berkshire Class B (BRK.B) shares could cost you more than $391,000.
TheStreet.com Ratings stock model scores the Berkshire Class A shares with a rating of B and the Class B shares with a rating of A-. Any rating of B- or better is equivalent to a buy rating.
But you do not have to tie up that much of your portfolio in a single stock. You don't even have to pay full price to get the Oracle of Omaha, Warren Buffett, working for you.The best-rated closed-end fund with at least 50% portfolio allocation to equity securities is the Boulder Total Return Fund (BTF), which we rate A-. This fund currently trades at a discount of 11.7% to its net asset value, with its largest and third-largest holdings being Berkshire Class A and Class B shares, which together total 39% of assets. Our stock model is also bullish on three of Boulder's other top holdings, Yum! Brands (YUM), Wal-Mart (WMT) and Anheuser-Busch (BUD). The next four closed-end funds earned ratings of B+. All five of them have performed poorly in absolute terms. However, compared with other funds we rate on a risk-adjusted return basis, they have performed slightly better than their peers. Cohen & Steers Dividend Majors Fund (DVM) is the second-best-ranked of this group, targeting real estate companies and stocks with above-average dividend yields. The average dividend yield in its portfolio amounts to 4.89%. The Cohen fund's portfolio -- led by Macerich (MAC), Simon Property Group (SPG) and AvalonBay Communities (AVB) -- trades at a 12.8% discount to net asset value.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV