Solar Exec Shuffle: SunPower, National Semiconductor
National Semi has made at least three new hires this month for SolarMagic, Thurlow said. John Giddings, author of The Solar Evangelist blog and the founder of Clean Tech Integration consulting, last week became the new business development manager for SolarMagic. And Sjuli Beekhuis, who was the director of business development for Fat Spaniel Technologies, also joined the team.
In more new additions, Novomer, a company developing technology to make plastics, polymers and chemicals from pollution, hired Jim Mahoney, formerly the CEO of Surface Logix, as its new chief executive. President Charles Hamilton, who will retain his title, previously headed the company.
Mahoney told Xconomy that Novomer decided to sign on a CEO to help it commercialize its technology and added it was planning to seek another round of funding. Novomer raised $6.6 million in November. The company launched its first produce in June.Novomer also appointed Peter Shepard, the former CEO of Nylon Corp. of America, as its vice president of business development. Finally, Martin Tobias, former CEO of troubled biodiesel company Imperium Renewables, has become the head of a startup called Kashless.org, which aims to connect people who want to reuse things, according to a blog post by Eric Engleman at the Puget Sound Business Journal. In May, Tobias told Earth2Tech he was still considering his options. Imperium earlier this month said it raised $18 million to pay off some of its debt and resume operations. For more information about Greentech Media, please visit www.greentechmedia.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV