For more coverage from TheStreet.com Ratings team, check out TheStreet.com Ratings section.
Having problems understanding anything to do with the markets right now? You are not alone.
TheStreet.com Ratings team has sorted through the exchange-traded funds that received the biggest upgrades from us this month and found that for these hellfire times, two strategies may still hold for the near future:
- Go long the financial sector with the KBW Regional Banking ETF (KRE); and
- Go short the Russell 2000 index with the ProShares Ultra Short Russell 2000 Growth (SKK), which seeks investment returns that correspond to twice the inverse of the daily performance of the Russell 2000 Growth Index.
As every government on earth shells out copious amounts of taxpayer money to save the global banking industry from the greed and incompetence that marked it for most of the decade, it makes for a perfect opportunity for investors willing and able to take the risks to profit and recoup some of their tax dollars from any rally in bank stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV