For more coverage from TheStreet.com Ratings team, check out TheStreet.com Ratings section.
Having problems understanding anything to do with the markets right now? You are not alone.
TheStreet.com Ratings team has sorted through the exchange-traded funds that received the biggest upgrades from us this month and found that for these hellfire times, two strategies may still hold for the near future:
- Go long the financial sector with the KBW Regional Banking ETF (KRE); and
- Go short the Russell 2000 index with the ProShares Ultra Short Russell 2000 Growth (SKK), which seeks investment returns that correspond to twice the inverse of the daily performance of the Russell 2000 Growth Index.
As every government on earth shells out copious amounts of taxpayer money to save the global banking industry from the greed and incompetence that marked it for most of the decade, it makes for a perfect opportunity for investors willing and able to take the risks to profit and recoup some of their tax dollars from any rally in bank stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV