Two years ago, most investors felt like optimists and proclaimed that we lived in the best of all possible worlds. At the time, I (a pessimist) feared that that was true!
By contrast, in 2008, after it has gotten as dark as it has, one can finally (as a result of policy decisions and signs of a thawing in credit) begin to see the stars.
Accordingly, investors (not traders!) eyeing the intermediate-term outlook should now begin to feel like an oversexed man in a harem, as this is the time to start buying stocks.
And, in case you were wondering, this is not another April Fool's Day joke; it is honest October optimism.Doug Kass writes daily for RealMoney Silver, a premium bundle service from TheStreet.com. For a free trial to RealMoney Silver and exclusive access to Mr. Kass' daily trading diary, please click here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV