So why is this better than what happened when we got a lot of panic lows, the day of Oct. 10, because that was a day when we thought the banks were going under?
Now we know they are not. So we are better off. We are better off. We are better off.
I repeat that because the bank plan is a game-changer, and when we were under 9000 last time it was because we thought Morgan Stanley (MS) would go under, and we believed that Goldman Sachs (GS) could be next and that they were about to do a Kesselschlacht -- encirclement and destruction -- on Citigroup (C).
I am now thinking that the Oct. 10 lows that keep surfacing when you hit up stocks can hold for many stocks. Those lows were hit so swiftly and with such brevity that I think we have to bid at or near those levels for anything that was sold into the absurd Monday rally.For example, I like Chevron, and I wanted very much to buy it at $60-$61 because of that 4% yield. The stock then rallied to $70! That's just crazy: Chevron can't rally up 10 and stay up 10. The only reason Chevron can be down 7 and be a buy is that yield, I would not buy the others that are down like this, because they have no yield support. I am not as sure of the non-dividend-payers, because they are more leaps of faith right now, and oil, the commodity, keeps going down. They probably have to be bought only if we get down to 900 on the S&P 500 and 8500 on the Dow. It is also possible that the Friday morning price, that ephemeral price, could be hit again, a price that is the equivalent of about 8000 on the Dow. More room has to be left for that.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV