Well, here we go.
The market is just plain irrational.
That said, it is time more than ever to pick those stocks that make no sense down here, keeping in mind that there is no way interest rates are headed up and people will need good yields.
Here's Kinder Morgan Partners (KMP) again at 8%. Philip Morris (PM), the faster grower of the tobaccos, yielding 5%! Halliburton (HAL) at six times earnings. McDonald's (MCD) with a decent yield giving up everything it has made during this great period of earnings.Yet in each of those cases I think there is more downside! More downside! What else can I say, these stocks have nothing to do with housing, nothing to do with the Fed's plans or failures. And it doesn't matter. Let the stocks come down. Pick and let come down. We are on target to touch base at 8400 again. You buy some here and then leave room for that price and then the 7900 level that we triggered on Friday. By then, so many of these stocks will have fabulous yields and values that it will simply be too difficult to pass them up. At the time of publication, Cramer had no positions in stocks mentioned.
This Time We're Braced For Wild Swings Originally published on Wednesday, Oct. 15, at 1:03 p.m. EDT Just can't be as fearful this time around. Sure, it is jarring. For example, we have Jones Apparel (JNY) down $3.50 on a $13 basis -- that's incredible. We have Freeport-McMoRan (FCX) yielding 5.6% and Chevron (CVX) sporting a 4% yield, and Joy Global (JOYG) worth just a few hundred million more than the stock it is buying back. We have Eaton (ETN) yielding 4.37% and Caterpillar (CAT) almost at 4%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV