TSC Ratings' Updates: JPMorgan
The following ratings changes were generated on Thursday, Oct. 16
We've downgraded Honda Motor (HMC) from buy to hold. Strengths include its revenue growth, notable return on equity and compelling growth in net income. Weaknesses include a decline in the stock price during the past year, generally poor debt management and poor profit margins.
Honda's revenue growth of 13.7% over the same quarter last year outpaced the industry average of 12.4%. Return on equity has improved slightly, outperforming both the industry average and the S&P 500. Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 59.19% to $3,113.27 million, but Honda is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 616.86%.
Honda's debt-to-equity ratio of 1.02 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. The company also maintains poor quick ratio of 0.71, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems. Shares plunged 37.95% on the year, apparently at least in part dragged down by the decline we have seen in the S&P 500. However, the stock is still more expensive (when compared with its current earnings) than most other companies in its industry.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV