TSC Ratings' Updates: JPMorgan
The following ratings changes were generated on Thursday, Oct. 16
We've downgraded Honda Motor (HMC) from buy to hold. Strengths include its revenue growth, notable return on equity and compelling growth in net income. Weaknesses include a decline in the stock price during the past year, generally poor debt management and poor profit margins.
Honda's revenue growth of 13.7% over the same quarter last year outpaced the industry average of 12.4%. Return on equity has improved slightly, outperforming both the industry average and the S&P 500. Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 59.19% to $3,113.27 million, but Honda is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 616.86%.
Honda's debt-to-equity ratio of 1.02 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. The company also maintains poor quick ratio of 0.71, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems. Shares plunged 37.95% on the year, apparently at least in part dragged down by the decline we have seen in the S&P 500. However, the stock is still more expensive (when compared with its current earnings) than most other companies in its industry.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV