I have had my eye on an ETF that is finally coming to the market, the PowerShares Emerging Market Infrastructure Portfolio (PXR), which tracks the S-Network Emerging Infrastructure Builders Index.
There are plenty of emerging market funds. One reason they are so popular is the ascendancy aspect to the countries in which the companies are doing business. A fund that focuses on infrastructure in emerging markets would seem to isolate the ascendancy aspect in a manner that iShares MSCI Emerging Markets ETF (EEM) does not. EEM has a 19% weighting in financial stocks.
PXR is not a pure-play emerging market fund. There is some developed market exposure. The focus is companies participating in the build-up and build-out of infrastructure projects around the world. Estimates for spending on needed projects encompass a wide range, but, suffice it to say, trillions of dollars will be spent in the next 10 to 15 years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV