Change in Ratings
Archer-Daniels-Midland (ADM) upgraded at Merrill from Neutral to Buy. $26 price target. Recent 40% correction in commodity prices helps the company's outlook.
eBay (EBAY) numbers lowered at UBS. 2008 EPS estimates lowered to $1.70 from $1.73. Price target lowered to $17 from $18. Maintains Neutral rating. eBay downgraded at Credit Suisse to Neutral from Overweight.
Ecolab (ECL) upgraded at Goldman Sachs to Buy from Neutral based on valuation and likely outperformance in recessionary environment. Note strong competitive position, attractive growth platforms and pricing power. Price target at $51.FPL (FPL) downgraded at Citigroup from Buy to Hold. Valuation call, based on a $45 price target. Stock Comments/EPS Changes Johnson Controls (JCI) target lowered at Credit Suisse to $29 from $39 based on credit market lock-up and deteriorating economy, which could impact 2009 results. Maintained Outperform rating. Coca-Cola (KO) target cut at Credit Suisse to $55 from $57 based on diminishing expectations for 2009. Maintained Neutral rating. Linear Technology (LLTC) numbers lowered at UBS. Fiscal 2009 numbers lowered to $1.58 from $1.85. Price target lowered to $26 from $38. Maintains Buy rating. Novellus Systems (NVLS) numbers cut at Morgan Stanley. Shares now seen reaching $19 a share. Estimates also cut, based on the company's cautious revenue outlook. Overweight rating. U.S. Steel (X) numbers lowered at UBS. 2008 EPS estimates lowered to $18.50 from $20.99. Price target lowered to $60 from $110. Maintains Buy rating. Strategy Calls/Market Calls Citigroup changes ratings on three natural gas utilities. MDU (MDU) was downgraded from Buy to Hold. Estimates also cut because of higher borrowing costs. On the other hand, NiSource (NI) and Energen (EGN) were upgraded to Buy, based on valuation.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV