Delta Posts Loss on Higher Fuel Costs
Delta expects that it can effectively manage any decline because it has a continuing flexibility to further reduce capacity.
The carrier also benefits from a broad international route structure and from a minimal presence in the New York-London Heathrow market, which has been hit by financial market turmoil, said Executive Vice President Glenn Hauenstein. "Delta has by far the most diverse
During the quarter, passenger revenue per available seat mile rose 9%, as capacity fell by 1%. Looking ahead, Delta projected a fourth-quarter operating margin of 1% to 3%, with revenue per available seat mile up 8% to 10%.
As of Sept. 30, Delta had $3.1 billion in cash and cash equivalents. The carrier had $818 million in the troubled Reserve Primary Fund: it has taken a $13 million impairment charge, but expects a full recovery of its money.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV