Updated from 7:04 a.m. EDT
Companies that control the communications and Internet interconnections of a lot of networks are known as backbone stocks, because they control the main "trunk" connections of the Internet around the world.
Forbes magazine recently did an article on these companies and listed the top 10 backbone stocks in terms of network connections, which are now being tracked on Stockpickr, including Level 3 Communications (LVLT) and Verizon (VZ).
To read more, visit Stockpickr.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV