Written by Ucilia Wang
The venture-capital world will likely see a sharp decline in investment dollars and smaller deals in the fourth quarter, as investors and startups figure out how to weather the sinking economy.
Boston-based VC Rob Day made that prediction on his Cleantech Investing blog last Friday, at the end of a week that was marked by sharp declines of the Dow Jones Industrial Average and solar stocks. The Dow had sunk for eight straight days by Friday, capping the worst week ever in its 112-year history.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV