Tech Venture Capitalists Feeling the Pain
You know things are bad when venture capital is panicking.
Venture capitalists live at a higher altitude than most investors -- they take the long view. With the glaring exception of the dot-com boom (which they helped create by pumping half-baked startups into the stock market), they have always shrugged off wild market swings.
But last week, Sequoia Capital, one of the most respected venture shops in Silicon Valley, called in entrepreneurs and CEOs of its portfolio companies for an emergency meeting to, as blog GigaOm
Sequoia, which backed Apple (AAPL), Electronic Arts (ERTS), PayPal, Yahoo! (YHOO) and Google (GOOG), among others , did this once before, during the dot-com bust. This time, details and Powerpoint slides
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV