Activist Investing for Small, Mid-Size Firms
Updated from 7:03 a.m. EDT
Here at Stockpickr.com, we track many of the latest activist situations for those interested in piggybacking the best activist investors.
This week, our activist ideas focus on small and mid-sized companies.
For example, Dru Schmitt wants shares of Sunair Services (SNR) sold, with the net proceeds distributed to shareholders. Schmitt also said he is considering options, including replacing the board with people who are "not self-interested or not willing to overlook the track record of Richard Rochon, Sunair's chairman, and his associates." Sunair Services provides lawn and pest control services to residential and commercial customers.Palo Alto Investors wants Greg Noval to resign from the Canadian Superior Energy (SNG) board due to "various conflicts" that Palo Alto believes exist because Noval serves as executive chairman of the company and as chairman of Challenger Energy. Canadian Superior engages in the exploration, acquisition and production of oil and natural gas primarily in Western Canada and offshore Nova Scotia. For more activist ideas, visit Stockpickr.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV