- Settlement day approaches for Fannie Mae(FNM)/Freddie Mac(FRE) credit default swaps on Monday. (Financial Times)
- List of upcoming hearings into credit crisis. (iGreed)
- Great Milken slide presentation on the mortgage meltdown. (Milken Institute)
- Deutsche Bank updates oil, gas price forecasts. (Oil & Gas Journal)
- The hottest banks for Private Equity are those that offer vanilla checking, CDs and lending services. (IDD)
- Shorting Companies That Restate Previously Issued Financial Statements. (Journal of Investing)
- Barron's talks junk bonds and cash-rich companies. (Barron's)
- Credit Crunch Takes Bite Out of McDonald's(MCD - Get Report). (Advertising Age)
- Cash-Thirsty Banks Swarm the Fed. (CFO.com)
- The depression of 1929 is the wrong model for the current crisis: 1873 is closer. (The Chronicle Review)
- James Grant thinks the Paulson bailout is more of the same bad medicine. (The Washington Post)
- Niall Ferguson on the credit crunch. (Time)
- How venture capitalists are trying to turn clean tech into the next big thing. (The New York Times)
- Third-quarter hedge fund winners and (mostly) losers. (New York Post)
- Details Emerge on GSEs' Takeover Triggers. (Inside Mortgage Finance)
- Economic weakness likely to lead to larger housing price declines than most expect. (IDD)
- This has to be a joke: GSEs Still A Good Thing, Lew Ranieri Says. (IDD)
- Despite David Einhorn's great Allied Capital(ALD) and Lehman bets, his performance has been dreadful in September. (Fortune)
- Will credit default swaps cause the next financial crisis? (Fortune)
- As many as 100 regional lenders will fail in the next year. (Bloomberg)
- How China could be dragged down by the credit crisis. (Bloomberg)
- Pressured to Take More Risk, Fannie Hit a Tipping Point. (The New York Times)
- IMF World Economic Outlook: Financial Stress, Downturns, and Recoveries. (IMF)
- Funds that have performed best in bear markets. (Forbes)
- Chinese capitalism is on a long march backwards. (The Economist)
- Hypo Real Estate nears collapse after rescue plan is withdrawn. (Telegraph)
- Rumors of a major immediate buy from the Paulson bailout fund. (New York Post)
- JPMorgan Chase(JPM - Get Report) 'brought down' Lehman Brothers. (Times of London)
Weekend Reading: A Synchronized Disaster
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.