STOCK PICKS: Top 5 Mid-Caps for Oct. 2
Management was pleased to announce that its team's efforts resulted in fiscal 2008's sales and earnings results being the best in the company's 120 year history. The company intends to grow its business while maintaining a focus on quality in 2009. While Perrigo may harbor some minor weaknesses, we do not see these as having any significant impact on its future financial results.
American Ecology (ECOL) is one of the nation's oldest providers of radioactive, hazardous and industrial waste management services. The company's customers are commercial and government entities, such as nuclear power plants, medical and academic institutions, steel mills, refineries and chemical production facilities.
We have rated American Ecology a buy since October 2005. The company reported record operating results for the second quarter of fiscal 2008, as operating income rose 20% year over year to $9.8 million. Net income also climbed 20%, reaching $6.1 million compared with $5.1 million in the same quarter one year prior, due to strong growth in disposal service revenue as the Idaho, Nevada, and Texas waste facilities increased the amount of waste disposed by 18% year over year. However, lower transportation revenue partially offset the increase in disposal service revenue. American Ecology also reported a 17% increase in gross profit for the second quarter, and the company had no debt at quarter end. In addition, the company declared a quarterly dividend of 18 cents per common share, which was a 20% increase from the prior-quarterly dividend of 15 cents per common share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV