Green Retrofits More Than Pay for Themselves
Do it yourself
If these projects sound daunting, remember that the beauty of a green retrofit is that it can occur in stages. In fact, your company can use money that's already been budgeted for building maintenance and improvement to start going green.
For instance, "If you need a new roof, install a cool roof rather than a heat-absorbing black one," says Lockwood. "And if you need to re-pave your parking lot, make it cooler by planting trees and using reflective gray-colored asphalt instead of black."
Even better? These choices won't cost any more than standard building materials.To pursue a green retrofit, first consult an energy auditor, who can analyze your building's energy use and identify opportunities for energy conservation. A LEED-accredited professional can help you retrofit your building to meet LEED standards. And a green building consultant -- such as Phoenix-based Green Ideas or San Francisco-based Simon and Associates Inc. can advise you on all aspects of your green retrofit.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV