Top Arbitrage Opportunities
Updeted from 7:07 a.m. EDT
Most risk-arbitrage hedge funds this year are down huge, as the greatest credit crunch in financial market history has scrapped a few prominent deals, causing some serious pain for those who bet on a merger's final price.
In the marketplace, risk arbitrage is the practice of taking advantage of a price differential between two or more assets. Generally speaking, a "risk-arb" trader might buy the stock of a company that is the target of a takeover while shorting the stock of the acquiring company. Here, the market price of the target company is less than the price offered by the acquiring company, as the probability and timing of the takeover is never official.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV