ImClone: Mystery Suitor to Decide This Week
ImClone (IMCL) said Monday that the mystery bidder that has flirted with paying $70 a share for the company will make up its mind by Wednesday.
The company will either make a firm offer or withdraw by that deadline. ImClone said it will divulge the mystery suitor's name if it withdraws its proposal, according to an ImClone release.
Last week, Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) went hostile with its own bid for the company, raising it to $62 a share and going directly to shareholders.
ImClone Chairman Carl Icahn dismissed the hostile tender offer as "misleading" and "absurd."
TheStreet.com BioTalk: IMCL, BMY
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV