Dividend.com: J.P. Morgan Collects Cash
KB Home Earnings Plunge, But Stock Hangs Tough
KB Home (KBH) announced that its third-quarter loss quadrupled from a year-ago period, as revenue dropped by 56% amid sluggish sales and falling home prices.
Revenue dipped to $681.6 million from $1.54 billion, as excessive inventories and less mortgage availability hurt sales across most markets. The scariest statistic reported was that half of the company's homebuyers backed out of their contracts in the quarter. Hopefully, these weren't speculators still sniffing out deals; that would only delay the inevitable housing bottom.
We recently removed the stock from our "recommended" list, but we have to say it was not an easy decision. The stock has been resilient, and if today's early indication is correct, we may have to re-evaluate our decision. We do like to watch a stock's reaction to news, and the homebuilding stocks have been unusually resilient. We'll keep you posted.KB Home is not a recommended dividend stock at this time, holding a Dividend.com rating of 3.4 out of 5 stars. JP Morgan Raises Cash Quickly With $10 Billion Offering JP Morgan Chase (JPM) has priced 246.9 million shares at $40.50 each -- for total proceeds of $10 billion -- as the bank moves ahead in its purchase of Washington Mutual's (WM) assets. At the completion of the deal, the price tag for JPMorgan Chase to acquire Washington Mutual is around $1.9 billion. The bank plans to write down Washington Mutual's loan portfolio by about $31 billion. JPMorgan Chase also acquired the once-mighty Bear Stearns (BSC) -- which was also forced to sell -- back in March.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV