Delta, Northwest Holders to Vote on Merger
The combined company would be the world's biggest carrier.
Four shareholder advisory firms have recommended votes in favor of the combination. A union that represents 12,500 Northwest ground workers opposes the deal. Majority votes are needed for the proposals to pass.
An OK from shareholders leaves U.S. regulatory approval and a pending federal lawsuit seeking to block the deal as the only remaining hurdles, according to the AP. Delta hopes to close the deal by the end of the year.Delta's acquisition of Northwest is valued at about $2.8 billion, roughly $800 million less than when the deal was announced in April, the AP reports.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV