TSC Ratings' Updates: HCC Insurance
ISIL's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 11.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenue rose by 21.2%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
ISIL has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.48, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
The gross profit margin for ISIL is rather high; currently it is at 59.10%. Regardless of ISIL's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ISIL's net profit margin of 17.60% compares favorably with to the industry average.
ISIL's stock share price has done very poorly compared with where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 44.13%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index.Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Turning toward the future, the fact that the stock has come down in price over the past year should not necessarily be interpreted as a negative; it could be one of the factors that may help make the stock attractive down the road. Right now, however, we think that it is too soon to buy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV