Dividend.com: Longing for State Street
Now comes the last hour, which is what separated the best traders from the mediocre ones. Traders had to realize that options expiration was at hand, and that there was the possibility of an SEC announcement as well regarding any changes -- from bringing back the uptick rule, to possibly putting its own shorting ban in place. The latter of the two was what actually was decided on.
As a trader or short-term investor, you always have to live to fight another day. A real maverick would actually have not only covered the short, but would have even went long -- that was the ultimate trade that most would not have made. One thing that happens to traders is they don't change their style on a dime -- if a trader is printing money on the short side, they won't do a 180 and go 100% long in a split second. The change is normally more gradual -- and also applies for the converse, going from long to short.
For those that stayed short, you have to pick yourself off the floor today and take the hit. It's going to hurt, but the market keeps giving investors/traders opportunities on a daily basis. Eating a big piece of humble pie goes a long way. Trust me, I've been there. It's the only way to learn and improve as an investor.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV