Tech Winners & Losers: Google
Tech stocks were on another bumpy ride on Thursday, starting off strong in the morning before flattening out and then climbing slightly by mid-afternoon.
The Nasdaq was up 8 points -- or .38% -- to 2107 in recent trading.
Google (GOOG) got a bump on Thursday after comScore showed the Internet giant increasing its market share in search space. Google made up 63% of searches in U.S. in August, up from 56.5% a year ago and 61.9% sequentially, according to Lehman Brothers analyst Doug Anmuth in his latest research report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV