Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Sept. 19
Click here for an archive of Jim Cramer's Mad Money recaps.
Investors should look to take a hard look at their portfolios and make some sales tomorrow after today's huge rally, Jim Cramer told viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show Thursday.
Cramer advised selling into any future rallies to free up cash for the declines that are most certainly ahead. "Get into position for the next big sale," he told viewers.He said today's 410-point rally in the Dow was entirely due to rumors that the federal government is considering a resolution mortgage trust to begin buying up bad home loans in an effort to rescue the U.S. banking system. Cramer said he first floated this very idea on NBC's "Today Show" back on July 16, but said it's only one part of "the Cramer plan" for saving the markets. He said a resolution trust will not only put a floor in the housing market but is far more effective and inexpensive than the current plan of nationalizing entire companies. He said the Federal Reserve needs to cut interest rates to 1% to spur growth and add liquidity into the markets. He again urged the re-instatement of the uptick rule, which is designed to prevent relentless short-selling of companies. And finally, Cramer said regulation is needed to stop the credit default swap activity that companies have been engaging in. All of these things, said Cramer, are what the markets need to finally put the housing and financial crisis behind us.
Cramer: No Recovery Without Confidence
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV