WaMu CEO Could Cash In on a Sale
A spokeswoman for WaMu declined to comment regarding the renewed rumors. A JPMorgan Chase spokesman also declined to comment.
JPMorgan was rumored to approach WaMu this spring with a takeout offer but was rejected, according to reports. Finding other suitors could be limited, but could include foreign banking outfits such as HSBC (HBC), some say.
Cannon is less pleased that Fishman could earn close to $20 million in the next 16 months with other parts of Fishman's employment contract "by merely not getting fired," he writes in a note Friday. "We would prefer the cash compensation be more tied to performance measures."
He also worries that Fishman's option-based compensation, which is tied to stock price targets, would give him a "strong incentive" to avoid any further dilutive capital raises, according to the note.WaMu underwent a $7.2 billion capital raise led by private equity firm TPG and other institutional investors in April. WaMu's stock is down more than 90% from a year earlier. Shares fell to their lowest level in 18 years this week after investors went on a selling spree of the company's stock on fears that the company would default.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV