Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: The Commodities Nightmare
Click here for an archive of Jim Cramer's Mad Money recaps.
"It's never been harder to buy anything commodity related," Jim Cramer told viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show Tuesday. "And it may not be worth your time, effort or sanity."
Cramer said commodity stocks bear no relation to the actual health of the companies. In effect, companies that are doing well are seeing their stocks slammed in the stock market.That's because these stocks are completely under the control of large hedge funds, some of whom are much larger than the companies they trade, he said. With the end of the quarter nearing and fund redemptions on the rise, Cramer said there's a rush to get out of the commodity stocks like he's never seen before. He said the speed and volatility of the decline in some of these stocks is mind-blowing. Even for a seasoned trader like Cramer, who now trades only for his charitable trust
Cramer: I Expect FedEx to Deliver
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV