STOCK PICKS: Top 5 Small-Caps for Sept. 5
During the second quarter, U.S. Physical Therapy acquired nine new locations in Maryland and Pennsylvania and opened seven new clinics. The company also announced the formation of a new venture, OsteoArthritis Centers of America, for the treatment of osteoarthritis, degenerative joint disease and other musculoskeletal conditions. The first of these new centers opened in June in Wellington, Florida. Bear in mind that the company's future financial performance could be affected by general economic conditions, the availability of qualified physical and occupational therapists, and changes in Medicare guidelines, among other factors.
Quaker Chemical (KWR) develops, produces and markets a broad range of formulated chemical specialty products for carious heavy industrial and manufacturing applications. In addition, the company offers and markets chemical management services. Quaker serves the automotive, steel finishing, heavy equipment, aerospace, tube and pipe and bearing manufacturing industries worldwide.
We have rated Quaker Chemical a buy since May 2007. On July 30, 2008, the company announced record net sales and net income for the second quarter of fiscal 2008. Net sales increased 15.0% year over year, primarily due to higher sales prices and favorable foreign exchange translations, while net income increased 4.0%. At 41 cents per share, earnings per diluted share were equal to that of the second quarter of fiscal 2007. Operating cash flow increased $14.3 million from a year ago, which led to a decrease in the company's net debt-to-total-capital ratio from 32.00% at the end of fiscal 2007 to 28.00% at the end of the most-recent quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV