These Stocks Have Huge Upside
Updated from 8:01 a.m. EDT
An essential metric in valuing engineering and construction companies is the current state of their backlog and how that backlog fares in the current global economic backdrop.
By definition, a backlog is the total value of sales and orders by clients waiting to be filled by the company. Generally speaking, increase or decreases in a company's backlog might indicate the future direction of sales and forward earnings.
Right now, there are a bunch of companies whose current backlog is substantially higher than the entire value of the company. This makes them prime takeover targets, as future contract orders and sales will more than cover for the value of the firm, plus any additional premium a bidder might make.This group does not include any financials, so no Washington Mutual (WM) or Wachovia (WB), and there aren't any tech plays such as Apple (AAPL) or Microsoft (MSFT), but there are some real opportunities here. To read more, please click here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV