How Wittenberg U.'s Portfolio Makes the Grade
How did your stock portfolio do over the last eight years?
In " Wittenberg University's Wall Street Connection," MainStreet goes behind the scenes of WittInvest, a student-run fund that has seen its portfolio's value grow by more 50%, since its inception in 2000.
So what are these college stock-pickers bullish on now? Here's a look.
From the MainStreet article:WittInvest currently owns shares of General Electric (GE) and consumer goods company Proctor & Gamble (PG). Why? The large international market was a major draw for investing in these two companies, says Dale Williams, 23, a four-year member of the club. "We believed they would continue to be successful even if the U.S. fell on tougher times," says Williams. Overall, large-cap companies are attractive because "students have a better awareness of these, and it stimulates more interest in their selection," says Lowell Stockstill, a Business Law professor at Wittenberg University, who advises the group. Read the full article on MainStreet. Plus: Are you a student, alumnus, or friend of Wittenberg University? Join the discussion and debate at Geezeo.com. To connect with other Wittenberg University fans and weigh in on the investing club's decisions, click here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV