How Wittenberg U.'s Portfolio Makes the Grade
How did your stock portfolio do over the last eight years?
In "Wittenberg University's Wall Street Connection," MainStreet goes behind the scenes of WittInvest, a student-run fund that has seen its portfolio's value grow by more 50%, since its inception in 2000.
So what are these college stock-pickers bullish on now? Here's a look.
From the MainStreet article:WittInvest currently owns shares of General Electric (GE) and consumer goods company Proctor & Gamble (PG). Why? The large international market was a major draw for investing in these two companies, says Dale Williams, 23, a four-year member of the club. "We believed they would continue to be successful even if the U.S. fell on tougher times," says Williams. Overall, large-cap companies are attractive because "students have a better awareness of these, and it stimulates more interest in their selection," says Lowell Stockstill, a Business Law professor at Wittenberg University, who advises the group. Read the full article on MainStreet. Plus: Are you a student, alumnus, or friend of Wittenberg University? Join the discussion and debate at Geezeo.com. To connect with other Wittenberg University fans and weigh in on the investing club's decisions, click here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV