'Fast Money' Pops and Drops: Frisky PetSmart
Before Melissa Lee started the "Pops and Drops" segment of CNBC's "Fast Money," she mentioned that Regions Financial (RF) was trading slightly lower after-hours after releasing a press release stating "it has assumed from the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) approximately $900 million in total deposits, including all uninsured deposits, of Alpharetta-based Integrity Bank."
American International Group (AIG) closed essentially flat to $21.49. Karen Finerman said the problems the firm is undergoing are "too complicated," and she said that is why she does not support the stock.
Union Pacific (UNP) was also flat to $83.90. Pete Najarian said the company had a great performance this week.
MBIA (MBI) was flat to $16.22. Finerman said this stock is too volatile." She jokingly said "to leave it to Pete."Pops Amylin Pharmaceuticals (AMLN) was up 0.5% to $21.98. Joe Terranova said he still feels the "stock is good to own for the long-term." Advance Micro Devices (AMD) was up about 1% to $6.29. Najarian said the stock was boosted by Broadcom (BRCM) this week. China Finance Online (JRJC) was up about 4% to $18.75. Zachary Karabell said the company is operating in a difficult space and said he does not support the stock. PetSmart (PETM) sharply rose by 11% to $27.00. Finerman said this is one retailer that is doing well -- she also said this proves that "the consumer is not dead." Sunoco (SUN) rose by 5% to $44.38. Terranova said it's all about "supply and demand." He said he feels companies in the oil sector are beginning to stabilize.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV