TSC Ratings' Updates: Watts Water
GVA earnings per share declined by 35.2% in the most-recent quarter compared with the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GVA increased its bottom line by earning $2.70 vs. $1.94 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 10.0% in earnings ($2.43 vs.$2.70).
GVA had been rated a sell since Feb. 1, 2008.
Mediacom Communications (MCCC) has been downgraded from hold to sell. Mediacom Communications, through its subsidiaries, develops cable systems to provide entertainment, information and telecommunications services in the U.S. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the stock has had a decline in price during the past year.
MCCC's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 4.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenue has slightly increased by 7.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.MCCC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most-recent quarter compared with the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, MCCC continued to lose money by earning -88 cents vs. -$1.13 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-33 cents vs. -88 cents).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV