TSC Ratings' Updates: Watts Water
The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the consumer finance industry. The net income increased by 11.9% when compared with the same quarter one year prior, going from $209.24 million to $234.15 million.
DFS' revenue growth trails the industry average of 12.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenue has slightly increased by 1.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
When compared with other companies in the consumer finance industry and the overall market, DFS's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
The gross profit margin for DFS is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 29.20%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the weak results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 15.70% is above that of the industry average.Looking at the price performance of DFS's shares over the past 12 months, there is not much good news to report -- the stock is down 35.39% and it has underperformed the S&P 500. In addition, the company's earnings per share are lower today than the year-earlier quarter. Despite the heavy decline in its share price, this stock is still more expensive (when compared with its current earnings) than most other companies in its industry.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV