Health Winners & Losers: Amylin
Health stocks dragged to start the week, in line with broader markets.
The Nasdaq and Amex biotechnology indices were down 1.4% and 1.9%, respectively. On its first day of action, the new Nasdaq OMX Global Biotechnology Index was down 1.3%.
Pharma stocks fared slightly better, with the Amex pharmaceutical index giving up only 0.9%. However, AstraZeneca (AZN) and King Pharmaceuticals (KG) were its only components that stayed in positive territory.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV