TSC Ratings' Updates: JPMorgan
The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared with the insurance industry average. The net income has decreased by 21.2% when compared year over year, dropping from $94.14 million to $74.2 million.
Max Capital had been rated a hold as of May 7, 2008.
Rosetta Resources (ROSE) was upgraded to buy from hold. The Houston-based company engages in exploring and developing oil and gas properties within North America. This rating is driven by a number of strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover.
Rosetta's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 31.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 69.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.Powered by its strong earnings growth of 92.85% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 25.36% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year. Rosetta Resources reported significant EPS improvement in the most-recent quarter compared year over year. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings-per-share growth over the past year, and we feel this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, Rosetta increased its bottom line by earning $1.13 vs. 89 cents in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.41 vs. $1.13).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV