TSC Ratings' Updates: JPMorgan
The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the diversified financial services industry average but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has significantly decreased by 52.7% when compared with the same quarter one year ago, falling from $4,234 million to $2,003 million.
JPMorgan had been rated a hold since July 16, 2008.
Upgraded to buy from hold was Max Capital Group (MXGL). Based out of Hamilton, Bermuda, this financial company operates a specialty insurance and reinsurance business. This rating is driven by several positive factors, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover.
The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 23.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 24.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.Max Capital's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.29 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 1532.89% to $148.87 million when compared with the same quarter last year. In addition, Max Capital has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -27.46%. The gross profit margin for Max Capital is 37% which we consider to be strong. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, Max Capital's net profit margin of 23.6% significantly outperformed against the industry.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV