TSC Ratings' Updates: JPMorgan
JPMorgan Chase (JPM) was upgraded to buy from hold. The New York City-based financial holding company provides a variety of financial services internationally. This rating is driven by some important positives, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover.
Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 277.89% to $26,396.00 million when compared year over year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 277.89%, JPMorgan Chase is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 434.27%.
The gross profit margin for JPMorgan is rather high, currently at 56.1%. Regardless of company's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, JPMorgan's net profit margin of 7.5% compares favorably to the industry average.
Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 20.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 11.5%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing EPS.JPMorgan has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison with its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, JPMorgan Chase increased its bottom line by earning $4.37 vs. $3.81 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 43.9% in earnings ($2.45 vs. $4.37).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV