H-P's Vulnerabilities Starting to Show
SAN FRANCISCO -- Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) has been an island of calm and stability during the past year's economic turmoil.
But ominous clouds are drifting over the tech giant's sanctuary.
Get your daily dose of Jim Cramer and all the stocks in his head. Sign up for the free Daily Booyah! newsletter by clicking here.
The strong overseas demand that allowed H-P to skirt the U.S. slowdown looks less reliable every day, while the favorable currency exchange rates that juiced H-P's revenue are fading.
Cramer: Look Past the Quarter on H-P
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV