Recent Fund-Manager Changes
Recent manager changes have occurred at both ends of the mutual fund size spectrum.
At a relatively large member of a huge fund family, Andrew H. Sassine became the portfolio manager of Fidelity Small Cap Stock Fund (FSLCX), succeeding Paul L. Antico, who is retiring from portfolio management after 17 years at Fidelity. Sassine will continue to manage Fidelity International Small Cap Opportunities Fund (FSCOX).
Sassine joined Fidelity in 1999 as a high-yield research analyst, and followed the telecommunications, satellite, technology, defense and aerospace, and restaurant industries. In 2001, Sassine joined the international equity group as a research analyst covering international small-cap and mid-cap stocks. He subsequently spent a year in Hong Kong following Chinese small-cap and mid-cap companies prior to taking over management of Fidelity International Small Cap Opportunities Fund in 2005.
|RECENT FUND MANAGER CHANGES|
|Fidelity Small Cap Stock Fund||Epiphany Faith & Fmly Val 100 Fd||S&P 500 Total Ret'n Index|
|TheStreet.com RATINGS GRADE||D+||U||N/A|
|MIN. INITIAL PURCHASE||$2,500||$2,500||N/A|
|TOTAL NET ASSETS ($MIL.)||3,839.1||1.5||N/A|
|MANAGER NAME||Andrew H. Sassine||Samuel J. Saladino, III||N/A|
|MANAGER START DATE||7/1/2008||6/3/2008||N/A|
|3-MO. TOTAL RET'N (%)||-2.06||-6.48||-8.02|
|YR-TO-DATE TOTAL RET'N (%)||-9.87||-6.19||-12.66|
|12-MO. TOTAL RET'N (%)||-10.81||-10.36||-11.09|
|Source: TheStreet.com Ratings - Data as of 7/31/2008.
For an explanation of our ratings, click here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV