TSC Ratings' Updates: ImClone
ImClone's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 1.4%. Over the same quarter a year ago, revenue rose by 10.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
Compared to where it was trading one year ago, ImClone's share price has jumped by 95.57%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, ImClone should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
ImClone's earnings per share, or EPS, declined by 19.4% in the most recent quarter compared to a year ago. The company has suffered a pattern of declining EPS over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend will reverse over the coming year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.21, vs. 45 cents).
ImClone's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.73 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that management of the debt levels should be evaluated further.The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 but is less than that of the biotechnology industry average. Net income has decreased by 20.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $31.91 million to $25.29 million. ImClone had been rated a hold since Nov. 28, 2007.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV