TSC Ratings' Updates: Foundry Networks
CHK, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 30.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenue plummeted by 121.6%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.27 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management.
Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared year over year. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared with other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, Chesapeake's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500. CHK had been rated a buy as of July 31, 2006.
Ingersoll-Rand (IR) was downgraded to a hold from buy Friday. The Montvale, N.J.-based industrial goods company manufactures industrial and commercial products. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed - some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks.IR reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most-recent quarter compared year over year. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year and we feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, Ingersoll-Rand increased its bottom line by earning $2.47 vs. $2.38 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.76 vs. $2.47).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV