TSC Ratings' Updates: Foundry Networks
The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 10.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenue rose by 12.2%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
Foundry Networks has improved earnings per share by 20% in the most-recent quarter compared year over year. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years and we feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, FDRY has increased its bottom line by earning 52 cents versus 25 cents in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (68 cents versus 52 cents).
The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Communications Equipment industry. The net income increased by 17.2% when compared with the same quarter one year prior, going from $15.3 million to $18.3 million.
The gross profit margin for Foundry is rather high; currently it is at 64.6%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 11.4% trails the industry average.Compared with where it was trading a year ago, FDRY's share price has not changed very much due to the relatively weak year over year performance of the overall market, the company's stagnant earnings and other mixed results. Turning toward the future, the fact that the stock has come down in price over the past year should not necessarily be interpreted as a negative; it is one of the factors that makes this stock an attractive investment. FDRY had been rated a hold as of April 17, 2008.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV