Stockpickr's Activist Track Stocks
Updated from 6:59 a.m. EDT
Most hedge funds are drastically underperforming the markets this year. In fact, since 2004, most hedge funds have actually underperformed the boarder markets, despite the huge bull market in stocks.
Since most hedge funds get paid based on their returns for the year, managers who do not want to underperform are turning to shareholder activism as a way to increase shareholder value and ultimately boost their returns.
Here at Stockpickr.com, we track many of the latest activist situations for those interested in piggybacking these activist funds.Recent ideas include Collective Brands (PSS), Sunoco (SUN) and Barrier Therapeutics (BTRX). Want to piggyback some of these top hedge funds? To read the rest of the story, please click here.
A note from James Altucher: Every weekend I send an email to Jim Cramer and several hedge fund managers about the most interesting portfolios posted on Stockpickr that week. Usually those portfolios not only list stocks according to a theme but also offer significant analysis as to why the stocks are cheap. Here are some examples:
- Stocks related to drilling the Marcellus Shale
- MLPS with yields above 7%
- Microcaps trading for less than tangible book
- Stocks that do well after Hurricanes
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV