Four Ways to Help Strangers Save Money
With a minimum of effort, you can make a person's day while you save them a bit of money.
Even when money is tight, you can do small things that can help out others with little cost or time on your part.
Best of all, these are usually viewed by the recipient as a lucky and unexpected prize.
Here are a few steps you can take:
Drop-Shop CouponsDrop-shopping is the opposite of shoplifting. Instead of taking something out of the store, you instead leave something inside the store. A great way to help others is to drop-shop coupons you've come across but will not use. Most people who find coupons that they know they won't use simply throw them into the trash. Instead, keep them and take them with you when you go grocery shopping. As you walk down the aisles, drop-shop the coupons you won't use next to the items for which they are good. When the next person who is going to buy that item grabs it off the shelf, there will be a coupon waiting that can be used to save a little extra money. Also consider drop-shopping coupons for local restaurants. If you have a bunch of restaurant coupons but know that you will only be using a few, take those that you won't be using and leave them near the door where others can find and use them. If you print an online coupon, consider printing out a few extras to help others who are eating at the restaurant as well.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV