Sirius, XM Drop on Debt Plans (Update)
The news came as Sirius announced preliminary results for its second quarter early Monday, saying it anticipates a 25% jump in both revenue and subscriber numbers from a year ago.
Sirius said it will sell about $375 million in common stock in a fixed-price public offering, with up to another $65 million more to come later concurrently with a private offering by XM. The exact number of shares Sirius will offer depends on the terms of the XM offering. XM said it plans to offer $550 million of senior notes, due in 2014, which will be exchangeable into shares of Sirius common stock.
Shares of Sirius dropped 37 cents, or 16.4%, to $1.88. XM slid $1.11, or 11.9%, to $8.17.Earlier, Sirius said that revenue for the second quarter 2008 should be approximately $283 million, up from $226 million in the same period in 2007. The Thomson Reuters average estimate currently stands at $283.9 million. Sirius also said that it will have an adjusted loss from operations of $24 million, narrowing from an adjusted loss of $79 million a year ago. The company did not provide data on a per-share basis. Additionally, Sirius said its subscriber count rose 25% from a year earlier to 8.92 million. Retail subscribers were up 7% in the second quarter, while OEM subscribers, which include automobile installations, surged 53%. Monthly churn, a measure of how many subscribers left the service, decreased to 1.6% from 2.1% in the year-ago period, and the conversion rate is estimated to increase to 48% from 47% last year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV